Jessica from The Beauty Room brings us her favourite hair trend of the season with a step by step guide on how to get the look at home:
The ultimate hair trend of the season has to be without a doubt the romantic wave! Sported on the red carpet and being the main focus of recent powerful beauty campaigns, rocking the perfect wave in your hair is this summer’s most talked about style and is sure to be your best, most glamorous beauty accessory this season.
Creating gorgeous statement waves is a lot easier than you think to achieve, providing you have the right tools and products to maximise your look and create waves hot enough for A-List events and all those Summer parties your social calendar is filled up with!
After what seems like a decade of finding ‘the one’ in terms of curling tongs and heated hair tools, finally I’ve struck gold and discovered one of the best hair tool inventions known to women and men alike! Let me introduce you to the BaByliss Pro Conical Wand, and here’s my fool proof guide on how to create a head of beautiful romantic waves this summer…
HAIR HOW TO:
1) Firstly brush through your hair using a Mason and Pearson natural bristle brush to enhance shine and glossiness and then lightly spray your hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray – this will encourage your waves to stay in place.
2) Starting at the back of your head (this is a wise place to start tonging your hair, as the closer you get to the front the more perfect your tonging skill will become!) take small sections and start winding your section of hair gently around the BaByliss Pro Conical Wand and be sure to start at the root so you’re left with the very ends of your hair strand at the top of the wand- this adds more volume to the roots and prevents heat dents in your hair. Now simply hold for 10 seconds per section and when you come to unwinding and releasing from the wand make sure you spring the section around your finger for extra bounce!
3) Once you’ve tonged your whole head- (this should only take between 10 and 15 minutes as the wand works super fast so no time wasted at all, just hair happiness all round!) turn your head upside down and spray your whole head with a light dusting of hairspray moving your waves as you do so…
4) Now this is KEY to creating romantic waves and NOT curls so ladies, read carefully. Take your natural bristle brush and gently… VERY gently brush slowly downwards on your defined waves and you’ll be then left with a head of gorgeously soft and glossy waves. However to add slightly more definition and oomph to your look take the top sections of your hair and wind them back around the wand, but for only 5/7 seconds at a time. This will give your hairstyle the WOW factor!
5) Voila! You’ve mastered the hottest hair trend of the season, now time to add a coral lip and you’re good to go!